Free Activities to try in Coalville Park
Coalville Park is a wonderful space for all age groups to enjoy! Here are some ideas for making the most of our lovely park.
- Take a walk around the formal gardens and enjoy the beautiful flower beds
- Visit the Peace Garden for quiet moments of reflection
- Get involved in the Community Garden
- Attend events such as Picnic in the Park and the VE Day Memorial Event
- Look out for FoCP’s fitness and wellbeing classes in the spring / summer
If sport and fitness is your thing…..
- Play tennis – the courts are free to use – just bring your own equipment
- Put on your trainers and run some laps of the 400m jogging circuit
- Exercise on the popular outdoor gym equipment
- Play some sport in the multi-use games area
For families visiting with children…..
- Visit the children’s play area
- Older children and teenagers can test their skills in the Skate Park
- Play ball games – there is a huge fenced field around the play area suitable for this – or the multi-use games area.
- Play games like tag or hide and seek – there is lots of space!
- Learn about nature – look out for the new pollination bed, collect leaves and pine cones, take photographs. You could make a picture or scrapbook of your visit
- In the summer why not bring a picnic
- Wildlife Box Trail – look out for wildlife boxes in trees around the park – suitable for all ages!